Sunday, June 23, 2013

Grimm: Goodnight, Sweet Grimm

"Goodnight, Sweet Grimm" is the season finale of Grimm, and in true Grimm fashion, it left us hanging - on a gigantic cliff (so to speak). This was a really good episode, and I'm glad that the show is ending with such momentum after the way it just plodded along with the "Juliette not remembering Nick" plot line. I just hope that they don't take longer than one episode to resolve Nick's "condition" at the end of this episode. They need to learn from this season and keep the story moving.

Observations:

Eric is a horrible, horrible person.

Finally. Juliette tells Nick that she loves him.

And... the zombies have been let loose onto Portland.

That's a way to knock out a "zombie." Throw him against a brick wall.

It was very convenient of Hank to show up when he did so he could help Nick get the knocked-out zombie into his car.

I love that we finally get a scene with Eric and Sean together. I really like both of these actors, and their scene is really great.

I would like to know what happened to Renard's mother. Is she still alive? And if not, how did she die?

Why does Eric want Renard to go back to Europe? What is his agenda?

This is different for Nick. Juliette asked him how his day is, and he realizes he can actually tell her the truth.

Stephania has seven boys, and it looks like they're all just their mother's little gophers. They need to grow up, move out, and get a life. *wink*

Stephania needs the heart of a Hexenbiest in order to restore Adalind's powers, and the Hexenbiest has to be alive when they get it. Ewww! Poor Frau Pech, it looks like she doesn't stand a chance.

How did Adalind and Stephania know that Frau Pech was going to change her appearance to look like Adalind? There's no way they could have known. Of course it's an interesting twist, but very implausible. Well, so is the fact that Frau Pech actually changed her appearance. *wink*

I realize that they want Juliette to be more involved in Nick's life so that she's more than just the "girlfriend," but why would Nick really let her go with them? Nick knows what those "zombies" can do. It's pretty dangerous, even for a veterinarian. *wink*

Why isn't Eric afraid of the zombies? I don't think they are very picky about who they'll attack. I doubt they would attach the Cracher-Mortel, but I think anyone else would be fair game.

I was really hoping that we would see Nick's mother again in this season finale. I want to know what happened to her. You can't have a character leave with the question of "what is she really up to," without resolving it - even if it's just one episode. Please, bring Nick's Mama back!

Are we going to meet any other members of the royal family - not just the Renard family, but members of other royal families?

Is the "Scooby Gang" going to have to go to Europe to help save Nick? I hope that the show isn't going to move away from Portland, because I really like the Portland setting.

Last year's "To Be Continued," notice when they just said, "Sorry," was funny. This year's notice was just a bit too much. What are they going to come up with next year? Do they think they're going to have to top this finale next year?

Quotes:

I would love to see you do what you do. Would you show me?
Why not.

Juliette: I now know why you couldn't tell me everything.
Nick: I wanted to tell you. I just didn't know how. I was afraid fro you to see a world that I didn't fully understand.

Juliette: At least I know I'm okay. I haven't lost my mind.

Rosalee: Did that make any sense?
Monroe: In a sort of circuitous and charming way, yes.

Juliette: I don't suppose you could get the day off.
Nick: I could... if people stopped killing each other.

Nick (to Juliette): Let's just take it one Wesen at a time.

Nick (to Renard): Is this a "shut the door" kind of conversation?

Renard: You should know that his mother tried to murder my mother... and me.
Eric: That would make for an awkward Christmas.

Eric: I'm having a hearty northwestern breakfast and I feel robust already.

Eric: I can't wait to see you, brother.
Renard: Me either. Brother. (hangs up phone, then to Nick) We're not exactly close.

Nick: Sounds like somebody's upstairs.
Wu: Sounds like it. (pause) No. Not sure what that sounds like.

Monroe: He looks dead.
Nick: I know he looks dead. Probably was for a little while, but he's not now.

Monroe: You're telling me this guy is gonna wake up.
Nick: Yep.
Hank: And not in a very good mood.

Rosalee: It is not a pleasant experience.

Monroe: And the morning started so well.

Monroe: I don't want to have to hurt you, but if you hurt me...

Stephania (on the phone): We have found a way to deal with Frau Pech.
Frau Pech (as Adalind): I can't wait to hear how.

Nick: How's the leg?
Wu: About as bad as my arm.
Hank: What's wrong with your arm?
Wu: That's where I got a tetanus shot for the lady who sunk her teeth into me.

Eric's henchman: I'm going to need to check you for weapons?
Renard:  What you need and what you're going to get are two separate things.

Eric: What a shame. My own brother doesn't feel safe with me.

Eric: How long has it been since we've been breathing the same air?
Renard: Well, let me see. I believe I was 13, when my mother pulled me out of French literature class in Geneva and whisked us out of the country to keep us from being murdered... by your mother.
Eric: Yes. That was any exciting day, wasn't it?
Renard: Not so much for me.

Eric: That's all blood under the bridge.

Renard: Let's just get down to business.
Eric: How very American.

Eric (re: Adalind): It's a shame about her losing her powers like that. At least she carries a grudge.

Wu: It looks like somebody's planning a party. Not a party I'd want to be invited to.

Juliette: Just a normal day at the office?

Juliette: I'm going too.
Nick: Juliette, I'm on a case.
Juliette: Is it Wesen?
Nick: Yea.
Juliette: I'm not staying home alone anymore. I've a lot to learn. Please don't lock me out again.

Adalind: Ding dong, the witch is dead. And another one's coming back.

Rosalee: Juliette?
Juliette: Learning curve.
Rosalee: Works for me.

Juliette: What kind of Wesen are you?
Monroe (whispers to Juliette): He's not Wesen.
Juliette (whispers): What is he?
Monroe: Just a regular guy.

Rosalee: Why is this guy doing this here in Portland?
Monroe: I know. I mean, we have food and donuts, but that's kind of the extent of it.

Monroe: A member of the royal family came. That sounds kind of revolutionary.

Eric: Good night, Sweet Grimm, and flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.




No comments:

Post a Comment